If you see anything you would like me to make for you please email me HERE















Wednesday 10 November 2010

Born in the USA


Good evening bloggers.

1st of all I need to make an apology – I've just realised it's been two weeks since I posted. Where has time gone???

Some of you will already know I got my first card commission the other day WHOO HOO! 

I was told it was for a guy, he's turning 40, and he's loves Bruce Springsteen. Now when anyone says Bruce Springsteen to me I instantly think "Born in the USA" and Denim. I came up with the idea of making an American flag but using denim, coloured red, for the stripes – sounds like a great idea but in practice it was awful. It looked really messy and way too dark so after a couple of nights umming and ahhing over it, in the bin it went. 

Plan B KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) there is nothing wrong with red card!! Although in hindsight I would have printed them off with the white stripes as a whole not as individual stripes that I then had to stick onto the card topper – nightmare trying to get the spacing correct and get them straight (What was that about Keep It Simple Stupid!)

Anyhoo here it is.



 

Recipe

Card from card stock
Red stripes and sentiment generated on Photoshop

Blue card and sentiment generated on Photoshop

Bruce Springsteen image snagged from the web, printed onto Photo paper and cut out with Micro tip scissors, mounted on foam pads

Sentiments covered with Sakura clear Glaze and inside sentiment embossed with clear powder

Challenges

The Sisterhood of Crafters – Birthday Cards

Aly's Sunday Challenge – ASC29 All about Music


Thanks for stopping by.


Jaqui x

19 comments:

  1. Fab card and well done on your commission. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fab well done on your commission

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab card Jacqui!! love the background :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey peepop Jacqui, not sure why you get the malware message - i have checked this end and can't find a cause - is it a specific blog page? it may be ones that contain a link as sometimes the meer presence of a link ( legitimate or not) will cause a malware message....- I will dig deeper at weekend - thanks for telling me,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea Jacqui well done on your sale. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab to see you back again !!!! WOW well done on the card commission !!! I have to tell you I LOVE THIS CARD !!!! well done you .... you go girl IT ROCKS !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow....that card rocks! Love your KISS approach and He's gonna LOVE that Birthday card! Thanks for playing along with us this week in the Sisterhood of Crafters. Hope to see you again next week.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic Card jacqui and congrats on your first commission wooooooooo hooooooo !
    love
    maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I adore Brucie (not sure he'd like me calling him that mind!) and I love this card - you capture the energy and essence of him perfickly! I bet it went down a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for the detail re the malware message - will address it on Saturday...


    dx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, well done on your commission

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your interpretation for this special birthday. The result is a unique birthday gift. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card - love the bright colours in this card and the clean cut of it. Well done on your sale.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous! He is gonna love it! Congratulations on your commission. I know you will be getting a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant card, I have Brucie singing away in my head now, hope he stays there, I love his stuff x

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW FANTASTIC! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Sisterhood! We hope you'll join us again next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Jaqui, this card rocks! lol and I'm not the only to think that - you made the top 3 at the Sisterhood! Well done! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments - I love reading them.