If you see anything you would like me to make for you please email me HERE















Sunday 3 October 2010

Flowers and Butterflies


Hope you're all having a good weekend out there in Blogland.

This is a card I made last week – I set myself a challenge to pick the first piece of paper/card out of my box at random and use it in a card. Oh what a challenge it was J I thought I was gonna go crazy.


I picked the gold paper (it is quite sparkly in real life but it's not showing up very well here). I then decided to kinda base it on the Splitcoaststampers sketch 299 it's only kinda cos I got my layers backwards (oops).




I mounted the gold onto some purple cardstock and stuck it to the card. I've had these chipboard butterflies in my stash for ages but have never been sure what to do with them until now. I embossed another bit of the purple card and stuck the butterflies onto it with some glue dots.

I printed the pale blue card from my pc and then stuck on a large purple flower (this is actually the wrong side – the other side has dots and sparkles on it but I wanted it plain), layered it with another smaller glitter flower and then a button. I wasn't sure about it and kept messing about with different embellishments but I finally settled on these and I really like it now. It's much more sparkly in real life, it's just a pity you can't really see it here.

 

 

Challenges Entered

Paper Sundaes Challenge #38 – Something from Your Stash (all of it)

Gingerloft Challenge No 3 – All that Glitters or Blings (the gold background paper and the silver glitter flower)

Thanks again for all your comments, they really do make me smile.

Jaqui x

14 comments:

  1. Fab card Jaqui - you are brave doing that! I think your colour combo definately works with the LO and I love those butterflies. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that was a challenge - not sure I could do it. Loving all that texture thing going on, great. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is pretty. Thanks for joining us at Paper sundaes this week.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great fab challenge by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that gold paper is gorgeous, what a great challenge to set yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a hard challenge you set yourself, not sure I could do that. love all the different textures you have created x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card - I love the different textures and the colours are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colours are really nice honey and i love the butterflies, husg pops x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great challenge to set yourself, I am always faffing with what papers to use, takes me so much time. Your card is gorgeous, the embossing looks great and I love the butterflies xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, love the simplicity and effectiveness xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute is that. Thanks so much for playing at Gingerloft.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty, I like all the embossing! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments - I love reading them.