If you see anything you would like me to make for you please email me HERE















Monday 14 March 2011

Exploding Birthday Box

Hi Bloggers.

I hope your Monday hasn’t been too stressful.  Tonight I’m sharing an exploding box with you.  This was a last minute request – boy was it a stressful project.  I was asked to make it on the Thursday afternoon and my friend needed it first thing Friday morning.  I warned Chris he may need to help with the sticking and feeding me copious amounts of coffee.  It was hard but I got there, but I do wish I had more time because I would love to have embellished it more.  Oh and don’t look at it too closely – it’s not as neat as I would have liked.  Ah well, next time…



Card-090Card-089Card-092

Card-094

It was a 40th birthday card, in case you’re wondering why it says Josephine 40.


Materials

Sentiment – sorry I still can’t remember where this came from but it was a downloadable freebie and inked round the edges
Letters – Dreamsfulfilled (I edited an I to make a 4 on Photoshop)
Sparkly beaded ribbon – LLB (this was a gift from the wonderful Trisha)


Sneak Preview

Card-101


Challenges Entered


Thanks again for visiting my little spot on the internet and taking the time to leave comments.  I really appreciate it. Have a great week.

Hugs

Jaqui-Signature-for-blog-po

26 comments:

  1. This is breathtaking! Absolutely gorgeous. I would love to try it but it looks intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning! Doesn't look like a rush job at all, I bet the recipient was thrilled with it! Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgous exploding box - it certainly doesn't look like you rushed it. Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is lovely - so very clever xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ... all that beautiful work! What a lovely box -- thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room for our birthday bash :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a cracking box, jaqui and I love the papers you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jaqui, this is so neat! I have never made one of these just for the stress reason. I'm sure your friend loved it. Thanks so much for joining us at the Happy Monday challenge. Your box fits in perfectly!
    Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job. Those last minute orders can always be a bit stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is just gorgeous, I can image how much work it took to make, but I am sure much appreciated. Thank you for playing along with us at Happy Monday Challenge, this is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your exploding box looks fantastic, looks too complicated for me to try! lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing! love the shape and fabulous design, thanks so much for joining us at Die Cut Dreams, good luck and we hope to see you again soon
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks fantastic, can't tell you rushed it at all. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats absolutely gorgeous Jaquie, beautiful papers. If thats a rush job I can't wait to see one that took you ages, its so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you must have the patience of a saint, it's stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  15. that looks great love the beads

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful love the colours, Thanks for joining us at DCD.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job with this! It would be super stressful for me, too. The colors are gorgeous, just beautiful overall. Thanks for joining us at the Happy Monday Challenge this week, hope you can play along next week too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! Love it! Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

    Hugs...
    Melissa
    TSTR DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. next time it goes- " No - if you want hand crafted you need to give notice"


    such a wuz pep pop - to roll so easy....

    dxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Is so beautiful, my heart sped up just at the thought of attempting it in that time frame. You, my friend, are a better person than I ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this is so incredible!! I love the papers you used. Thanks for playing this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic box - I'm loving your exploding boxes, don't think I could manage one they look quite tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fabulous box! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, Jaqui - this is fabulous! What a work of art! It looks so amazing - it would have taken me a week. I'm sure Josephine would have been blown away when she received it!

    Thanks for stopping by my Blog today and for your lovely comments about my Purr-fect Message PB card - I really appreciate it :-)

    Have a fabby crafting day!

    {{hugs}} Jocelyn

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing! Love the paper choice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments - I love reading them.